|Projects and Services|
Consulting & Contract Development|
MacOS X / iPhone / Cocoa
GNUstep / X11
U-Boot / embedded Linux
Please Contact us.
Letux 400 - MIPS based Minibook
Stock clearance sales - the devices have been produced some years ago. So the batteries are blown up and we can't include the batteries any more. But the Letux 400 can be operated without battery from the included power supply.
Rebates: 2 units 15%; 3 units 20%; 5 units 25%; 10 units 30%
This is one of the smallest (DIN A5) and lightest
(ca. 670 g) Linux based mini notebooks available on the market!
Working and developing software for it is a lot of fun.
The Letux 400 is comes with a full Linux (2.4 based) distribution and a set of applications. So it can be used either as a simple Web Surfing or E-Mailing system less susceptible to viruses and trojan horses. Or it is a great platform for learning how to hack embedded Linux and Linux based hardware (schematics available).
Technical Note: it is not possible to install Microsoft Windows on this device.
Product information: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/letux400
How it can be used
- Ideal companion for writing notes while on the road
- Wireless Web surfing (WLAN access point or Hot Spot required or UMTS USB stick)
- Wireless X11 Terminal
- Platform for customer specific software
- Disassemble to learn how a MIPS based Netbook is designed
- Add and control your own hardware (e.g. I2C based)
- just DIN A5 dimensions (30% less than some others)
- ca. 670 g
- WLAN (802.11b/g)
- ca. 17.5 cm (7 inch) WVGA (480x800 pixel) screen (no Video out)
- 3 x USB 1.1
- 1 x SD/MMC slot (supports 4 and 8 GB cards)
- 1 x LAN (10/100 MBit/s RJ-45)
- 2 GB Flash built in
- Audio in&out
- Full 80 key QWERTY (i.e. US) keyboard (ideal for programming)
- Low power design, no fan
- XBurst 400 (MIPS @ 335 MHz), 128 MB RAM
- 7.4V 2100 mAh LiIon battery (up to 4 hours operation) - we have removed the defective battery and unfortunately we have no replacements. The device can be operated without battery.
- Power supply 100-240V, 50-60Hz, EU 2-pin plug (UK/US adaptor cable not included - shaver mains lead type)
- This is remaining stock; produced 2009; originally packed
- Schematics available: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/letux400/downloads/
New Linux 2.6.24 kernel: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/letux-400/
Debian Lenny Root-Filesystem: http://projects.goldelico.com/p/l400-rootfs/
Debian Lenny mailing list: http://lists.goldelico.com/mailman/listinfo/lenny400
Hacker's page: https://web.archive.org/web/20120222180135/http://projects.kwaak.net/twiki/bin/view/Epc700/WebHome
Alternative Distributions: http://linuxlaptopforum.ark2webdesign.co.uk/index.php/topic,803.0.html http://3mx.taita.co.uk/
Discussion Forum: http://linuxlaptopforum.ark2webdesign.co.uk/index.php/topic,893.0.html
- Built in: Browser (Bon Echo/Firefox), Mail (Sylpheed), Text Processing (Abi Word), Table Calculation (Gnumeric), PDF&Picture Viewer, CUPS, Synaptic Package Manager, ...
Member of the|
| Shopping Cart|
If the cart does not work, please check that cookies are enabled for this site
Shipping Cost calculation details
All Prices are in €
incl. German VAT 7/19% unless indicated
|Prepaid: SEPA Bank Transfer|
|Major Credit Cards:
|We regret that we can't process debit cards like "VISA Electron" and "Maestro" or PayPal.|