|Projects and Services|
Consulting & Contract Development|
MacOS X / iPhone / Cocoa
GNUstep / X11
U-Boot / embedded Linux
Please Contact us.
(Photo of Version 2)
(Photo of Version 3)
The Freerunner Navigation Board is a small PCB which is able to measure
rotations as well as the magnetic field in 3D respectively (i.e. compass and
gyroscopes integrated). Additionally it provides a barometer to measure altitude.
The complete version adds more functions to allow for experimentation going beyond
The navigation board can be integrated in the existing
Freerunner case. The new V3 board can also be used for other devices like the OpenPandora, the Ben NanoNote. It can also be used for homebrewn Quadrocopter and drone gadgets.
In order to test the functionality of the sensors we developed a monitor
application for sensors written completely in Vala. For more detailed
information on both, Freerunner Navigation Board and Sensor Monitor, please
refer to http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Freerunner Navigation Board v2 and http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Freerunner Navigation Board v3
|no longer available
||Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Barometer/Alltimeter/Thermometer, Magnetic Compass
|no longer available
||plus different (IR) LED controllers, I2C level shifter, EEPROM with RFID access (13MHz tag)
What can we do with it?
No idea. Perhaps someone of you can find an appropriate use :)
We are looking forward to get feedback and comments.
- InvenSense ITG-3200 3-axis gyroscope (rotation sensor)
- Honeywell HMC5883L 3-axis compass
- Bosch Sensortec BMP085 temperature compensated barometer
- Bosch Sensortec BMA180 accelerometer
- Complete version only:
- TI TCA6705, MPR121, MIC1557 (Ir-)LED controllers
- STM M26LR64 EEPROM accessible through 13 MHz RFID
- TXS0102 level shifter for I2C (e.g. to 1.8V or 5V external busses)
- room for additional sensors (see
- all sensors interface to I2C (1.8 or 3.3V)
- board fits into Freerunner case
- split of supply (3.3V) and I/O voltage (1.8 ... 3.3V) to allow for connection to 1.8V logic (e.g. BeagleBoard, OpenPandora)
- needs a little soldering of 4 / 5 wires to the Freerunner motherboard
- drivers and monitor applications are available (see
You need some soldering skills to install the boards. Please make sure that you don't cross wires or produce short-circuits. This may damage not only the Navigation Board but also the Freerunner.
Member of the|
| Shopping Cart|
If the cart does not work, please check that cookies are enabled for this site
Shipping Cost calculation details
All Prices are in €
incl. German VAT 7/19% unless indicated
|Prepaid: SEPA Bank Transfer|
|Major Credit Cards:
|We regret that we can't process debit cards like "VISA Electron" and "Maestro" or PayPal or BitCoin.|